LED lights are greatly popular and are smoothly and steadily changing the old traditional light system. From being utilized in the simple hall way or even bedrooms, these lights have positioned their elite place in gardens, landscapes, indoor gardening, a busy street signals, hoardings, and even flashlights, torches etc. Most house holds and business firms prefer to use these LED lights due to several reasons. Some of the rewards of these lights are provided below:
1. LEDs use up very little energy. In comparison with the normal lights, these types of lights are low in energy consumption; thus you need not having to worry about electricity bill regardless of long hours of use.
2. You cannot find any heat given off by the LED bulb or light during use or simply after hours of usage.
3. The LED items have a long lifespan. As compared with other lights, they have longer with a life. Thus offering a full value for money.
4. These lights do not flicker as they make it to the end of their duration. Flickering is prevalent in other lights as well as in the modern CFL. Flickering is affecting the eyes, and leads to headache too. LED lights are consistent.
5. LED lamps are risk-free as these do not use any dangerous chemical or element.
6. LED lamps come in various colors. Thus you can explore the glamor part of light system, and make your area interesting with colorful LED lights providing each room a meaning or atmosphere.
7. They are available with waterproofing too, so you can use these in bathrooms and also landscapes where being exposed to water cannot be avoided.
8. These are easily obtainable in various shapes and forms. The most modern day and innovative lights are available in slim strip that can be adhered to any work surface or wall surface. With a long battery life, they are available in various colors to offer the most stylish and aesthetic creativity.
The original man stayed in the caves in forests with sun rays and moon as the cause of his lighting needs. The much recommended lighting or its intensity was not a matter of top priority. Much later the entire world went on its path of progression, and technological enhancements started total adjustments in human life. It was an excellent day in the developing face of world when Edison have invented electric bulb, he was not at all the only one who contributed across the world of electric lighting.
At the same occasion there were some other scientists who were working through the same field. Most known names in the field are Henry and Matt from Canada and also Joseph and Humphrey from England. They also contributed and everyone reached the modern day of tungsten based electric lighting method.
From arc lamps to incandescent bulbs and to economical fluorescent lighting and longer-lasting halogen lights and the newest LED lighting the voyage was too long. Technology has long gone a long way that from the electric lighting systems consuming a very high levels of current to supply lighting in buildings, places of work or highway. Today, we find that equal or more illumination is made available with very low rate of power consumption.
LED lighting also well known today has brought us a change in the field of Electric lighting. When the power required for one LED bulb is almost one eighth of the electricity required for an incandescent bulb, the saving in electric consumption turns out to be too important. A 7 watts LED will provide equal illumination as an incandescent bulb of 60 watts potential. A 100 watts incandescent bulb of today will be replenished by a 13W LED bulb.
LED lights are obtaining its application in all areas where other types of lighting is common.